- 09:00-09:15 - Introduction and Welcome by Leif, Kal, Jaap and Mark
- 09.15-09.45 - Invited Speaker: Donna Harman, NIST on User Study -> What-if experiment -> User Study
- 09.45-10.15 - Invited Speaker: Ryen White, Microsoft on Building models of simulated users from large quantities of searching and browsing logs
- 10:15-10:45 Morning Coffee Break
- 10.45-11.30 - Scene Setting - Simulation of Interaction, by Leif, Kal, Jaap and Mark
- 11.30-12:00 - Boaster Session: 90 seconds and one slide per poster
- 12:00-14:00 - Working Lunch: Lunch and Poster session
- 14:00-15:40 Breakout Sessions - Small groups will be formed (around 10 participants
per group) and lead by a chair to discuss one or more of the following topics in detail based.
- Breakout Group A: Making Simulations Work
- Breakout Group B: Generating and Modeling Queries and Interaction
- Breakout Group C: Creating Simulations with Search Logs
- Breakout Group D: Simulated Browsing and User Interfaces
- 15:40-16:10 - Coffee Breaks
- 16:10-16:40 - Group Presentations, chaired by Daniel Tunkelang
- 16:40-17:40 Road Map, Future Challenges, Wrap and What Next?
- 17:40 BEER! WHISKEY! and Philosophy 101 at a local pub.