Angelos Marnerides' Home Page
I am a Senior Lecturer (tenured Associate Professor) in the
School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow,
Scotland, UK, and a member of the GLAsgow Systems Section (GLASS) and NetLab. I also hold a visiting researcher position with the SCC at Lancaster University.
Here is a short bio.
- Contact information:
School of Computing Science
- University of Glasgow
- Lilybank Gardens
- G12 8RZ
- E-mail: angelos.marnerides[at]glasgow.ac.uk
Research | Teaching | Publications | Service | Students | Bio
My area of research revolves around data-driven resilience and security for Internet-enabled cyber-physical infrastructures. My philosophy is in designing algorithms and systems with strong theoretical foundations and in providing practical, data-driven implementations that are deployable in the real world. Hence, my approach brings a data, measurement-driven and systems-oriented perspective to the study of security and resilience challenges.
A list of my
publications is available here and maybe more updated here.
Admin Roles at the University of Glasgow: Postgraduate Research Committee member, Level 3 Class Head
Interested/future PhD students please check this.
- External cybersecurity consultant ('19-present): Altelium LTD.
- TPC chair('20): IEEE CCNC 2020 (T7: Security,Privacy & Content Protection)
- Co-editor ('20-21): Special issue on advances in Ancillary Services by DRES in Distribution Grids to be published in Applied Sciences
- Workshop organiser ('20-21): IEEE WoWMoM Smart Computing for Smart Cities (SC^2)
- TPC member ('20-21): IFIP Networking, IEEE ICC, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE WoWMoM, IEEE CCNC
- Reviewer ('20-21): IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE Transactions on SmartGrid, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, ACM Computing Surveys, Elsevier Computer Networks
Current PhD students: Charles Rutherford, Marco Cook, Pierre Ciholas, Ahlam Athlobaiti, Hatem Almazarqi
Current Postdocs: Martin Bor, John Vidler
Past PhD students:
- Sara Mukisa Kibirige (2019)
- Ghulam Mohi Ud-din (2020)
Past (brilliant) UG students: Owen Dwyer, Nico McSorley
- Anish Jindal (2018-2019, Lecturer -Assistant Professor- at the University of Essex)
- Max Eiza (2015-2016, Lecturer -Assistant Professor- at the University of Central Lancashire)