Chris Johnson, Index
Human Error and Group Work:
"Situation awareness is the perception of the elements of the environment within a volume of time and spcae, the comprehension of their meaning, and the projection of their status in the near future"
Acknowledgement: M. R. Endsley, Design and Evaluation for Situation Awareness Enhancement. In Proceedings of the Human Factors Society 32nd Annual Meeting, 97-101. Human Factors Society, Santa Monica, CA, 1988.
- Rather abstract definition.
- Most obvious when it is lost.
- Difficult to explain behaviour:
- beware SA becoming a "catch all";
- just as "high workload" was.