As of April 2021, I am the Director of Learning and Teaching in the School of Computing Science.
The following are the courses that I have taught at the University of Glasgow.
- Java Programming 2 (COMPSCI2001) -- the core Level 2 course on object-oriented programming with Java.
- Conversational Interfaces (COMPSCI5094) -- a Masters level course on conversational interfaces and spoken dialogue systems.
- Programming and Systems Development (COMPSCI4084) -- an intense, 20-credit "bootcamp" style course for all new specialist MSc students in Computing Science. Taught in 2019/20 together with Mireilla Bikanga Ada.
- You can read a journal article about the teaching approach we adopted in this course.
From January-May 2015, I taught the following two courses at Heriot-Watt University:
Dr Mary Ellen Foster
My official University of Glasgow page
Room S134, 18 Lilybank Gardens
+44 (0)141 330 4742
How to find my office ...
- Enter the Sir Alwyn Williams Building
- Go to the main stairwell and climb up to the floor marked "S" (Lilybank Gardens)
- Walk along the hallway until you reach S134 (on the right)