Angelos Marnerides' Home Page
After 20 years abroad, I have repatriated and joined in Aug 2023 the department of Electrical & Computer Engineering (ECE) at the University of Cyprus at the rank of Asst. Professor of Cyber Physical Systems Security. In parallel, I maintain an honorary faculty position at the University of Glasgow. Prior to that I was a Senior Lecturer in the
School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow,
Scotland, UK. At UofG I was leading the Glasgow Cyber Defence Group (GCDG), leading the Glasgow Cyber Safety Lab (GCSL) and I was a member of the GLAsgow Systems Section (GLASS)
Here is a short bio (not updated yet).
- New contact information:
Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- University of Cyprus
- Aglantzias Avenue 91, 4th Floor, 2111 Nicosia
- E-mail: marnerides.angelos[at]ucy.ac.cy
Research | Teaching | Publications | Service | Students | Bio
My area of research revolves around data-driven resilience and security for Internet-enabled cyber-physical infrastructures. My philosophy is in designing algorithms and systems with strong theoretical foundations and in providing practical, data-driven implementations that are deployable in the real world. Hence, my approach brings a data, measurement-driven and systems-oriented perspective to the study of security and resilience challenges.
A list of my
publications is available here and maybe more updated here.
Roles at the University of Glasgow: Cybersecurity Theme Lead, Postgraduate Research Committee member, Level 3 Year Head
Interested/future PhD students please check this.
- External cybersecurity consultant (2016-present)
- Scottish Informatics & Computer Science Alliance (SICSA) representative to the Scottish Energy Research Affiliate Forum (ERAF)
- TPC chair('20): IEEE CCNC 2020 (T7: Security,Privacy & Content Protection)
- Co-editor ('20-21): Special issue on advances in Ancillary Services by DRES in Distribution Grids to be published in Applied Sciences
- Workshop organiser ('20-21): IEEE WoWMoM Smart Computing for Smart Cities (SC^2)
- TPC member ('20-21): IFIP Networking, IEEE ICC, IEEE GLOBECOM, IEEE WoWMoM, IEEE CCNC
- Reviewer ('20-21): IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE Transactions on SmartGrid, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, ACM Computing Surveys, Elsevier Computer Networks
Current PhD students: Kyle Simpson (with Dimitris Pezaros), Charles Rutherford (with Dimitris Pezaros),
Marco Cook, Pierre Ciholas, Ahlam Athlobaiti, Hatem Almazarqi
Current Postdocs (under my affiliation with Lancaster University): Martin Bor, John Vidler
Past PhD students:
- Sara Mukisa Kibirige (2019)
- Ghulam Mohi Ud-din (2020)
Past (brilliant) UG students: Daniel Arthur, Owen Dwyer, Nico McSorley
- Anish Jindal (2018-2019, Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the University of Essex)
- Max Eiza (2015-2016, Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the University of Central Lancashire)