I'm a (full) Professor in the School of Computing Science in the
College of Science and Engineering at Glasgow
My main research interests are
So I'm interested in how to better exploit
multi- and many-core machines, Clouds, High Performance Computers (HPC), and other platforms. I'm part of the
Glasgow Parallelism Group (GPG) and the
Embedded, Networked and Distributed Systems Research Group.
- the design, implementation and evaluation of high-level parallel and distributed programming languages;
- parallel and distributed functional programming, using Haskell, Erlang, and friends; and
- parallelising interesting applications, e.g. Algebraic Computations.
Programme Director for the BSc in Computing Science delivered in Singapore.
I deliver the following courses:
- Pre-sessional Algorithms and Data Structures (Singapore)
- Professional Skills and Issues (Singapore)
- Advanced Programming 3 (AP3)