- SEMEDIA - Search Environments for Media. STREP under the Framework Programme 6 - IST Programme 2007-2010,
We investigate interactive and personalized video retrieval. I am a member of the supervisory board and lead the tasks on relevance feedback, multimedia mining and retrieval models.
- MIAUCE - Multi-modal Interactions Analysis and exploration of Users within a Controlled Environment. STREP under the Framework Programme 6 - IST Programme 2006-2009, We investigate personalization and adaptive presentation of information. I am a member of the Executive Board and lead the work package 3 on User profiling and Context Capture.
- SALERO - Semantic Audiovisual Entertainment Reusable Objects. P Project under the Framework Programme 6 - IST Programme 2006-2010.
o In this project we investigate the context-sensitive retrieval of multimedia data related to broadcasting and post-production industry. I am a member of supervisory board and I lead the work package 5 on Context sensitive Information retrieval.
- K- SPACE - Knowledge Space of semantic inference for automatic annotation and retrieval of multimedia content. Network of excellence (NoE) Project under the Framework Programme 6 - IST Programme 2006-2009
We investigate context-sensitive mining and structuring of multimedia data. I am a member of the technical Management Committee and lead the Work Package 2 on integration Activities and lead the task on Context-sensitive multimedia mining.
- Adapt - Adaptive Search Models for Information Retrival. EPSRC funding, Ref: EP/C004108/1. This project is rated as Outstanding by the EPSRC in which we investigated the development adaptive and context-sensitive search models on the world wide web
- POW - Personalisation of Web Searches through Ostension and Summarisation. EPSRC funding (GR/R74642/01), 2002-2003. This project is rated as Outstanding by the EPSRC in which we investigated the development personalization techniques for the retrieval of information from the world wide web
- Information retrieval from Peer to Peer overlay networks, EPSRC & Sharp Laboratories of Europe Ltd. Industrial Case Grant (October 2002 – 2006).
- Personalized Information Retrieval, British Telecom Short Term Research Fellowship; July 2003-April 2004.
- Travel grant, The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland, (2004-05).
- European Science Foundation (ESF)- Exploratory workshop on Information retrieval in Context.