- 30 August 2018 -- I was appointed to a proleptic position as Lecturer on Learning, Teaching and Scholarship in the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, commencing 1 January 2021.
- 26 August 2018 -- My paper "Interpreting Models of Social Group Interactions in Meetings with Probabilistic Model Checking" with Gabriel Murray was accepted for presentation in the ACM ICMI workshop "Group Interaction Frontiers in Technology". To be presented on 16 October 2018 in Boulder, Colorado.
- 8 July 2018 -- My paper "Data-driven modelling and probabilistic analysis of interactive software usage" with Muffy Calder was accepted for publication in the Journal of Logical and Algebraic Methods in Programming.
- 25-25 June 2018 -- Program co-chair of the 7th International Symposium "From Data to Models and Back" (DataMod'18), Toulouse, France
- 19 March 2018 -- Co-organiser of the SICSA-sponsored workshop on Data-driven Modelling and Analysis of Complex Systems (DDMACS), Glasgow, UK
- 16 March 2018 -- My research project "Explainable social group interactions using probabilistic model checking" was funded by the John Robertson Bequest, the Senate of the University of Glasgow. This research is based on my collaboration with Dr Gabriel Murray from University of the Fraser Valley, Canada.
- 5 February 2018 -- Talk at the Verification Seminar, Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford: "Data-driven modelling and probabilistic analysis of interactive software usage"
Modelling complex, concurrent systems such that they are amenable to rigorous property analysis is central to my research. My expertise lies in
Formal Modelling and Analysis for interdisciplinary research, often leading to new theoretical results, while validating existing ones.
My core formal modelling and analysis research interests include quantitative automata, Markov models, process algebra, stochastic model checking, term and graph rewriting,
My interdisciplinary research to date encompasses areas such as:
- Communicating Systems (autonomous systems, vehicular networks, security protocols, sensor networks, smart water networks)
- Human-Computer Interactions (user models, analytics for interactive systems)
- Computational Social Science (social group interactions)
- Computational Biology (biochemical networks, membrane systems)
My publications are listed on this webpage, as well as on Google Scholar, DBLP, and ORCID.
- 2016 - : Research Fellow (S4 research programme), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow.
- 2011 - 2017 : Research Associate (Populations research programme), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow.
- 2011 : Postdoctoral Research Assistant (VPS project), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow.
- 2009 - 2011 : Postdoctoral Research Assistant (SIGNAL project), School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow, UK.
- 2005 - 2008: PhD in Computer Science, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est (Pareo team), INPL, Nancy, France, supervised by Hélène Kirchner.
2005: Summer intern, INRIA Nancy - Grand Est (Pareo team), INPL, Nancy, France, supervised by Hélène Kirchner.
- 2004 - 2008: Teaching Assistant, Faculty of Computer Science, Software Systems Department, "Al.I. Cuza" University, Iasi, Romania.
- 2003 - 2005: MSc in Distributed Systems, Faculty of Computer Science, "Al.I. Cuza" University, Iasi, Romania.
- 1999 - 2003: BSs in Computer Science, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bucharest, Romania.