Past Chief Scientific Adviser for Scotland (Scottish Government) and Co-Chair of SSAC (Scottish Science Advisory Council) (2012-2015), Dean of Research in College of Science and Engineering (2010-2012), Senate Assessor (2009-2011), Chair of UKCRC (UK Computing Research Committee) (2008-2010), Head of Computing Science (2003-2007).Past external examiner at University of Manchester, Warwick, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, and NUI Cork. Member of the Formal Analysis, Theory and Algorithms research group.
Royal Society Leverhulme Research Senior Fellow (2011-2012) and Royal Society Wolfson Merit Research Award (2011-2016).
- Research Projects
- Research Students
- SSAC paper - Science and Engineering in Scotland in the Independence Debate
- Professional Responsibilities
- Press and Media
- Useful Links
- Photos and Fun
- Google Citations
Current/Recent Research Projects
- Royal Society Leverhulme Research Senior Fellowhip: Live formal models for predictable pervasive systems Royal Society-funded
- A Population Approach to Ubiqcomp System Designs EPSRC-funded programme grant
- Royal Society Wolfson Award Royal Society-funded
- VPS: Verifying Interoperability Requirements in Pervasive Systems EPSRC-funded
- Homework: Shaping Future User Domestic Infrastructure EPSRC-funded
- SIGNAL: Stochastic process algebra for biochemical signalling pathways EPSRC-funded
- Stochastic Process Algebra for Oxidative Stress.
Professor Muffy Calder Room 310 Boyd Orr Building University of Glasgow Glasgow G12 8QQ
Email: Muffy.Calder@glasgow.ac.uk Tel: +44 141 330 4462 Fax: +44 141 330 4913 Computing Science office: Room 403 Sir Alwyn Williams Building Tel: +44 141 330 4969